1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lights need replacement

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by cward05, Aug 18, 2004.

1. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Hello everyone, I purchased a 1983 1/2 ton chevy k10 pickup off ebay and need to replace the plow lights according to a mechanic. It is an older style fisher plow called unit G. I've looked on the fisher site and on ebay, but cannot find the older style lights. Should I replace them with newer style fisher's? Thanks.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

thats prob you best bet n/s you might wanna call central parts warehouse

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Plow Lights

Welcome to Plowsite cward05!
    You could use just about any of the universal replacement lights that are out there.
    If your looking for used lights check out e-bay or ask around, may be one of the other plowers on the site have something you could use.
    :rolleyes: John..........................................

4. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Thanks guys! One last quick question. Do all trucks need a balast or is it just for added traction? If so, how much weight do I have to add? As said above, I have a '83 chevy k10 1/2 ton pickup. I am going to most likely do just my driveway, but it a pretty steep slope. Thanks.

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Ballast is for traction but more to level the truck out front to rear.

Just remember when plowing on steep grades if you get stuck it is easier to back out downhill than it is to back out uphill.