1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lights moving

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rocksbite, Dec 20, 2011.

1. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

hey guys i finally got the mounts for the plow lights made up. only thing is they seem to vibrate alot. tonight wqs the first night i had them connected and on the road but with the rain i couldnt really tell if the light on the ground was moving alot. do your lights move?
  2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I have a classic mount system with the old Meyers Trucklight lights on it. The dang things would vibrate all over the place, could not tighten them up enough, so I just spot welded the dang things. So far it worked, but I can never adjust them again LOL...

I may someday switch the lights out, but I will be waiting until I destroy one first...
  3. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

thats the setup i have. all the movement is coming from where the plastic housing and the metal bracket are
  4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It's a design flaw the will eventually crack and fail.
    The actual light mount that come off the hoop acts like a amplifier which increases any harmonic vibration and transfers it to the light. The best thing you can try to do is stiffen up the bracket that comes off the hoop.
  5. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

those old truck lights were horrible. we swithced all of our lights to the night saber 2's . worth every penny.
  6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I have a MVP and the lights wont stay every season and sometime thru middle season I have to adjust them tried everything to keep them from moving Im up some differ advise
  7. Burbmeyer

Burbmeyer Junior Member

Lights moving

Try some hose clamps around the mount, worked for me. Aim where you like and tighten.
  8. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

I have an older set up with the old style lights that work just fine, no accesive vibration or anything. WHATEVER you do stay away from the nightsaber lights. JUNK JUNK JUNK. I have had to replace those lights on trucks 3 to 1 over the older style, and they tell you that you have to use those contol modules with the nightsaber lights or it will void any type of warrenty on them, and those things are just a money making gimmicky pain in the caboose.