1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights keep blowing fuse help info.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by razr777, Jan 21, 2016.

1. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

Got a PH1 8ft lights stay on the truck all original has the 4 relays stock lights crappy but work we all know the deal.

It is on my 07 dodge 3500 all lights everything work fine on the truck it is only when i plug in the plow lights the 15a fuse blows. it is the fuse by the battery on the wire harness for the plow lights not the truck fuse.

Now when i plug the passenger side light plug in park light goes on no problem hi lo works blinks good.
    But when i plug the driver side light plug in the 15a fuse blows now i checked all 4 relays they are good then checked wires all look good grounds all good driving me crazy i don't know what it could be.

Any help info. would be great i have a few churches and kids cancer centers i plow for free and storm is onway need to get this fixed fast thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What year is this plow?
    Not sure I know about this 15amp fuse.
    What brought this on?

3. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

I can't believe no one has this problem or info. on this situation.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Call your dealer or any dealer for that matter. They should be able to help.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I don't know much about electronics, sorry. I would double check all wires, sometimes it's hard to see a nic or slight break somewhere, something rubbing on something it shouldn't. Maybe try cleaning connections of possible water and using dielectric grease or Fluid Film on the connections. Check wires from controller as well?

Just trying to help, no expert.

6. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

Thanks for info. as for dealer they don't help unless they selling something or making money off of it only one so far to help was bliz&hinikerDLR. I think i got it narrowed down to a relay got one coming tomorrow.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Cause I asked you a few questions, didn't get any reply.......Was trying to help.