1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lights INOP!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tonyd77, Dec 1, 2007.

1. tonyd77

tonyd77 Junior Member
    from nh

I purchased a 2002 Diamond/Meyer 7.6' trip edge plow, my first "non-fisher" It seems to be a nice plow but I wired the Night sabre lights and I can't get them to work. Both my hi and low beams on the truck come on. The plow was removed from a 2002 Chevy and installed on a 1994. The 94 has no daytime running lights could this be my problem? I purchased the correct wiring harness for the 94 from the dealer. Any ideas would be great

2. Bens95cobra8594

Bens95cobra8594 Junior Member

On my 94 I installed a set of (new) night sabres... they are great lights, but the L side headlamp works fine when you remove the connector harness from Meyers, but stops working when it's connected and the switch is flipped to engage the night sabres. Both functions (high and low) work fine on the sabres, it's the oddest thing and Meyers techline was stumped. I will just live with it. Truck is a beater mostly.

I would check to ensure all the wiring connectors are correctly installed and the grounds are good. I know it's obvious stuff, but sometimes that is the most easily overlooked.

Otherwise, give Meyers tech a call.

Good luck

3. tonyd77

tonyd77 Junior Member
    from nh

i think all my grounds are good but for some reason all my stock headlights come on and they will not change to the plow lights with the switch. there is a drl module and im wondering if it has to have power in order for the system to work. the directions seemed simple the only wire in question was orange but not the orange wire heading back to the in dash switch. I believe the wire in question is a ground wire?

4. javaman70

javaman70 Junior Member

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You said that you purchased a harness for your dealer..what harness did you buy?
    Did you buy the correct head light adapters for your '94 or are you using the adapters from the '02?

The DRL module and harness can be removed as it's not needed on you '94 but it shouldn't affect the operation of your lights anyway as they're just tapped into the white and blue wire in the harness's that go out to the plow lights.

Other than the wire that goes in through the firewall for the light switch, you shouldn't have any other orange wires in the head light harness .

But, there will be an orange ground wire in the control harness that should be connected directly to the battery.

6. tonyd77

tonyd77 Junior Member
    from nh

I asked the dealer for the correct harness for a 94 when I went to install it was the same as the 02 harness? maybe both trucks used the same plug and a two wire harness low\high beam? There is two HCM with three plugs in each. The control pad harness has a orange wire for the lights a blue wire for power and then the light switch has a ground and power supply. The plow works but when I connect the light harness both high and low factory beams come on and no plow lights? There is an additional orange wire to ground and a white wire to the solenoid. I will remove the drl harness and start over with the lights.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your 94 has the composite head lights (HB3/HB4 style) the adapters will look the same between the '94 and the '02 but the wire's are different in the plugs..maybe he gave you the same adapters that you had from the '02? Do you still have the original bag that they came in to check the p/n?
    Again, that's more than likely due to the incorrect adapters... since it's highly unlikely that both the modules are bad.

8. tonyd77

tonyd77 Junior Member
    from nh

I did save the part number. What should the correct part number be for a 94? It does have the composite headlamps

9. tonyd77

tonyd77 Junior Member
    from nh

the part number they gave me for the 94 harness is 07104

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Hmm, that's the correct p/n but can you check the color codes on the headlight adapter plug just to rule out them being bagged incorrectly as I've gotten several sets of Meyer light adapters that were labeled wrong...and I just want to be sure.

If you look on the connecting plugs where they plug into the stock light harness and also into the back of the truck lights... are they marked with a small "A" and "B" on the plastic body of the connector?... some are and some aren't but this will positively identify that you have the correct adapters before we go any farther.. what color wire is in the "A" port and which color is in the "B" port.

Make sure to check both adapters too...

11. tonyd77

tonyd77 Junior Member
    from nh

4-8" coming today wired each light directly to the factory harness and will figure out the wiring harness after the storm. I wired everything by the directions and still had no luck getting the lights to come on? I will check the connectors tonight. Thanks for helping I can't tell what a lucky find this site has been!