1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights Inop.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by plowin-fire, Feb 5, 2011.

1. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Bought a used 810 and put on my super duty. So far it works great. Except when I hook the light adapters up to the headlights, neither the plow lights or the truck lights function no matter where the light switch is. Checked the green/yellow wire coming from the controller going to the relay pack for B+ and has nothing. Is that the wire that is suppose to energize the relays for the lights? Currently using the truck lights without the adapters.

Any other suggestions?

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

green yellow wire goes to a switch to ground, so you could test by grounding the green/yellow wire. The relay is powered through the grey tap to the running lights.

3. damian

damian Senior Member

ive seen the black wire that is paired to the green w/yellow loose its ground i just tap a ground to it if it is in fact open.usually the controller buzzes and does funny things when the black wire looses its ground.and fastjohny is right,if your park lamps dont work your plow lights wont switch over.make sure your grey wire goes to park lamps.

4. plowin-fire

Turn signals and marker lights work as they are suppose too. Will have to check the green/yellow for ground to see if that does it.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

If you have no truck or plow lights you may have the wrong light adapters.

6. plowin-fire

They came off a 2000 Ford F350 that was fully functional and went on a 2000 Ford F250 that now is non funtional. Plugged in just fine. Havent had a chance to check the ground out yet. Been busy fixing other peoples stuff.

7. damian

damian Senior Member

i did not catch the part that his truck lights dont work,but are ok when plow stuff removed and back to stock.that puts a different spin on the problem,the plow lights default to the truck lights without the park or ground.sounds like something is not right with the install of the adapters.

8. plowin-fire

Found it, had a corroded terminal on the ground relay for the lights. works good now.