1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lights go out in cold

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Gilles Towing, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Gilles Towing

Gilles Towing Junior Member

I have 1998 ford F150 with a md 75 all wiring seems connected properly.I park truck inside at night all lights work as they should,take truck outside and let it idle for a bit then go outside where it is about - 5 celcius and plow lights are out except for park lights and truck daytime running lights are back on.Tried dielectric grease at connections thinking moisture maybe culprit but that did not help,as I am posting this I have truck inside ans lights work fine...weird....HELP.... thanks in advance.

2. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hello, did you happen to check where your plow lights are tapped into the trucks harness? Try wiggling the wires connections? Sounds like a connection contracts some in the cold just enough to cause clearance in the connection. Wish I could help more. Good luck!

3. Gilles Towing

this problem has been driving me nuts! once in awhile the lights would stay on for awhile and all seemed well,until I turn on signal light...then plow lights would go out and truck lights came on.i just recently removed signal light switch on steering column and found all kinds of green death! i cleaned it up as best I could and replaced it.Lights worked fine,drove truck outside and let it idle while I went back to lock up,came back out side and plow lights were out and truck lights back on,maybe signal switch still has corrosion where I cant see,guess I will purchase a new one and try that

4. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hi,sounds like it might be your problem. Hope you fix it easily! Electrical is always a pain to me! Never as easy as you think!

5. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Does the plow work when the lights are not working?

6. Gilles Towing

cleaned up contacts on signal light switch and looks like I found the problem.thanks guys