1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lights go on and off

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mrbuzz34, Nov 20, 2014.

1. mrbuzz34

mrbuzz34 Junior Member

I have a mm1 3 -plug on a 2011 chevy p/u when you turn on headlights plow lights come on when you move the joystick they switch back to the truck lights shut the truck off and restart plow lights come back on just touch the joystick they switch right back to the truck lights. plow works fine except for the light problem anyone know what could be causing this ???

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just had a thread on this, the Iso module was the suspect. Not sure it was resolved as of yet, but I could be wrong

3. mrbuzz34

mrbuzz34 Junior Member

anyway you can post that thread for me

4. dieselss

No. Try the search. I think it was western.

5. mrbuzz34

mrbuzz34 Junior Member

so I worked on it this morning come to find out the iso mod is melted on top of the A port and smells burt what could have caused this ???

6. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Bust out the multi meter and start ringing out the lines...to check for shorts...

i.e. set it on continuity and check point a to point b of all wires making sure you dont have a short somewhere...

Inspect all connections for signs of overheating (usually means short somewhere)

7. dieselss

A port is to the plow lights

tmp_15065-Screenshot_2014-11-21-12-17-28-509971441.jpg