1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lights don't work

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rico, Jan 19, 2007.

1. rico

rico Member

I have a Western Uni-mount. When I plug in the lights the truck lights stay on and will not switch over to the plow lights. They worked back in November. The turn signals don't switch over as well. The plow works, up, down, and angles. Are all the relays blown or is the DRL module bad? It is on 2002 Chevy.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

our friends f250 has the same problem, they have to drive with the plow almost on the ground to see where they are going

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you don't have any high beam's either,look for a brown wire poking out of the harness that will be connected to the parking light wire on the truck. This is the wire the energizes the relays when you connect the plow. Check the connection at the brown wire.Many installer's use those crappy quick splice connector's an they get corroded and lose connection after a while.You can test this wire at the relays with a test light to see if it has power.Each relay will have a brown wire so check them both (make sure the parking light's are on when you test the wire). The plow doesn't have to be connected to the truck.

4. rico

rico Member

It work fine this morning when I went out. Thanks, I check the brown wire.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Great, don't you just love when they fix themselves's? If you haven't already done so, I'd clean and inspect the grill connector's too,just to be safe.