1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Lights don't switch over

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chcav1218, Dec 13, 2010.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

When I plug my plow in to the truck, my headlights and signals don't switch over from the truck to the plow. The lights on teh truck stay lit, and the plow operates. Could there be a bad fuse someplace?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't be a fuse Chris. Do the marker lights work on the plow?

Two plug system correct?

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

It's a three plug, and none of the lights work.

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Does the joystick light up? You could be having the same problem I had.The 9 pin harness on the truck side was shorted out.The problem I had was the lights would work but the plow wouldn't move.The harness wires short together and not everything works.So I replaced that harness to the isolation module and have had no problems since. Part number 26357

5. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

Is the relay clicking? If I remember right, it's the brown wire that picks up power from the parks. If you have a bad/corroded connection here, no plow-lights.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm lost...9 pin harnesses are for relay setups aren't they....where does the ISO come into play?

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Have you checked for power at the grill? Everything is obviously swapping over, otherwise it wouldn't operate.

I suspect that your issue would be from the ISO module out. Check everything forward first. The weakest link is the grill connectors, check for broken wires and pins up there, but don't overlook connections in the engine compartment.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not even the turns, or didn't check those?

9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I tried replacing the 11 pin harness today and still no lights, no markers either. I don't believe I here the solenoid clicking but I though that only meant there was power to the plow. The solenoid is fairly new.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Not Kiley the solenoid if the plow is operating. Double check your leads at the solenoid, as well as the battery. Make sure to take not of corrosion and loose wires / connectors. Ha ve you traced your headlamp harness to the ISO?

Any work done recently? This is a existing setup right?

3 or 4 port ISO? Have checked your connections?

Have you checked for 12v at the connector? How about the pins on the ISO? Port A on 3 port and port 2 on a 4 port.

11. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

No work has been done pretty much all year, this all started during the last storm of last year. Its a 3 port ISO and all the connections are good and all the pins are there.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check for ground at port A pin C with the plow plugged in. Should have it.