1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Lights do not work

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by greenworldh2o, Dec 15, 2011.

1. greenworldh2o

greenworldh2o Junior Member
    from eastern

I purchaed replacement lights for my 2005 810 and 2006 8611 plows. When new lights installed and plugged into truck wire harness. when i flip light switch on blizzard control the plow lights did not work and the truck bright lights were on. Signal lights icon on dash was lit up as well. is this a relay problem or are replacement blizzard lights different?

thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

maybe a relay problem,,,do the parking and or turn lights work on the new plow lights??? did they work on the old lights?

3. greenworldh2o

from eastern

Old plow lights did work perfectly...replaced due to age and hitting too many curbs broke black plastic housing. Parking lights work in old and new plow lights. New Plow lights installed are Blizzard Plow Lights. Relay went bad?:confused:

4. dieselss

I would check for pwr at the grill plugs first. Assuming that you did plug in the one wire plug at the controller. I believe that wire grounds out the relays for the lights?

5. dieselss

Are the replacement one exactly the same? 6 pin connector?

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Old ones were likely 5pin. May need a ground fixed

7. dieselss

Yes 5 pins used but a 6 pin connector. But new ones not working and old ones did? Unless they are dd lights then they might be different.

8. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

need to install additional relays

9. greenworldh2o

from eastern

Same plugs and everything was same. I am going to check relays today. How do I do this?:confused:

10. dieselss

look at the wiring diag. blizzards website. then start tracing wires.