1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights do not work. Please Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rnolloth, Dec 12, 2010.

1. rnolloth

rnolloth Junior Member

Hello all when i put the plow up last year the lights worked fine.Now ive got no headlights or parking lights on the plow.The left turn signal works but the right doesnt though i think it was working last year.Now i always unhook the plow light connectors in the summer because when they are plugged in they cause problems with my aftermarket H.i.d lights.I plugged them back up and got nothing.Ive got the i guess old style truckside harness that has the plow/truck light switch with 6 wires.The plow harness is a 13 pin and the truck side is an 11 pin.When i bought the plow i had a heck of a time getting everything wired up so it would work.I had to driil the 11 pin plug to make it work and run an extra wire for the smart hitch.Everything has worked fine the last couple of years until now.Can someone help me out with a diagram or some trouble shooting procedures.Thanks in advance Ryan.
  2. rnolloth

rnolloth Junior Member

Sorry btw the truck is a 2004 F350 with aftermarket hid lights.
  3. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

time bust out the test lamp and see what's getting power and whats not///ten to one its your headlight adapters not making good connections...i had the same problem and i just spliced them in with butt connectors and bam everything worked