1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lights aren't working!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by CK82, Nov 14, 2005.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

I just hooked up my plow (Western 8'6) and the plow lights wouldnt work, I had the electrical plugged in from the plow to the truck and everything seemed ok, but they werent on and wouldnt turn on. Please help me out, any common things that could be wrong or anything would help! Thanks
  2. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Loose lighting connector or connector is not on all the way??? Wiggle the connectors (with lights on)... And hopefully you will see action.

Did u clean (with brake cleaner,etc) and re-lube the connectors with dielectric grease yet this season? I'd do this first !!! :)
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2005
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Make sure the prongs inside the connector are not corroded or broken. Ultramount or uni-mount?
  4. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

If none of the lights work its likely a bad ground.
  5. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Uni-mount, I'll try those things see what happens. Thanks for the replys
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Check your relays!! :nod:
  7. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

There's no current to the relays from the headlight, and no current at connectors to the plow, the plow itself works fine, I think it has something to do with the wiring off the left drivers side headlight?
  8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

did you hook the brown wire from the plow harness up to the truck marker lights? With the headlights on you should have power coming in to the relays on the orange wire for low beams and the red wire for high beams.