1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Lights Are Not Working Correctly.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DeereFarmer, Oct 23, 2008.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I hooked up my Minute Mount on my '02 GMC 2500HD today for the first time since I bought it this past summer. The plow works great, but the lights are messed up. When plugged is plugged in, the headlights on the plow do not work. The truck lights automatically go to bright and still have the regular driving lights on. The plow turn signals and amber marker lights work perfectly. When the plow is off the truck everything work on the truck as it should. I drove around with the plow attached for a while just to see what would happen and it blew the 15 AMP fuse for the passenger side headlights on the truck. I'm confused. Any insight?

Forgot to mention my truck also has DRL. Even when I disable the DRL by using the override button the problem still acts up. With the plow off, everything works as it should, once I replaced the fuse, but when the plow is hooked up the birghts are on on the truck no matter what when the headlights are turned on. When I disable the DRL the low beams and high beams are off. I can turn just the parking lights on, but when I turn on the headlights, it goes straight to the high beams.