1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lights 9 pin

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by elliesdad, Dec 29, 2010.

1. elliesdad

elliesdad Junior Member

I replaced the plow side 9 pin plug a few weeks ago the plow lights would work but no turn signals. If give the plugs a little wiggle i get the plow markers to turn on but they will not blink with the directional turned on either side. On my way home the other night my plow lights kept kicking off and going to the truck lights, not a fun time. I could get them back on by wiggling the plugs but at times would kill all function to the plow almost had to get it in the right spot. I got home lost plow lights again and they have not returned but still have all function of the plow and truck lights work. My question i guess is....could the truck side 9 pin plug be the problem? I had replace the plow side because the pins were in really bad shape and thought that was my problem turned out to be the main wires under the dash came un-plugged from the fuse box. I am out of work and do not have money to replace all sorts of things to find it was 1 thing. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. It is a fisher mm1 sehp 9 foot on a gmc 3500 turbo diesel dually.....thanx in advance :help:

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I think you'll find your issue is truck side, not plow side. Check your connections along the harness under the hood. You could also have a corroded connection on one of your relays. Dig in and track it down systematically. You'll be sure to find a broken wire, loose connection, or even corrosion.

3. elliesdad

elliesdad Junior Member

thank you i will go check that out.....your name is very familiar to me i went to school with a ryan hodge in south portland.....thanx again

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Hodge Is my nickname, as well as my Company names. My last name is Hodgkin.

No problem.

5. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I am fighting a very similar issue. I have a new plow side harness and all movement will work, but no lights. Just last night I found a few broken wires on the relays. I cleaned up the relays and put new connectors on the wires. Now I at least got the high beams to work on the plow. If the high beams are on it will switch to the plow lights, but if I tap the relay with a screw driver the plow lights go off, but the truck lights do not come on. On the other hand if the low beams are on only the truck lights work. If I jiggle the wire harness the truck lights go on and off, but the plow lights won't work... Everyone else stumped too???

As for ELLIESDAD: Check your turn signal bulbs. My turn signals didn't work when I just got this plow and I traced everything and after throwing a few things I decided to check the obvious and sure enough all four bulbs were blown. Hope this helps!

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Have you tried replacing the relays? The spades may be deteriorating within the housing, check to see if they wiggle at all.

7. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

Didn't replace the relays yet since I was stumped as to why the high beams work fine and the low beams don't. The lettering on the relays is almost gone and I can't get any info off of them... Thanks

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

They're controlled by SEPERATE relays, so one may be bad and the other not.....this still may not be your issue, but rather a good place to check after everything else. I can get you the part nubers later,but TWIN might be abe to hook you up if he is around.

9. elliesdad

elliesdad Junior Member

I checked the wires on the truck side no rust or corrosion but replaced the plug any way was worn so bad the new plowside plug slipped on and off with no effort. Now they are a good tight fit. When plugged in I got plow marker lights but no headlights...I played with th plowside wire harness and found the ground wire on the new plug came undone. Fixed it have lights low beam only when switch to high it goes to the truck not complaining glad to have lights....blinkers still don't work but thanx for the info on the bulbs eggie329 am headed to get new ones. Happy plowing

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

When I had my relay setup they were also backwards....high was low and low was high. I think it was a matter of swapping the connectors at the headlamp truck side....

Rather then posting twice, I posted tests, diagrams and manuals for the same on this thread........