1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lighting question? Help!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Elite Property Services, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I have a western unimount that I hooked up for the first time this year and no plow lights, I looked at the troubleshooting guide just to confuse me more:dizzy: I noticed when trying to resolve the problem the truck lights a couple times wouldn't work at all only on high beams. Seams to me a connection issue. If you guys have any ideas where to begin please let me know. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Strat with checking the grill plug to make sure that all pins are there and clean.

what harness, relay or iso?

3. Elite Property Services

Hey Crash,

Thanks for quick reply I think it is relay, all pins in plug seam to be ok with no corrosion I am lost why my ttruck lights are acting up also. Thanks again

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Need to get your test light out.

With the lights on you should have power on the brown wire coming into the relays. with the plow unplugged you shold have power on the yellow for low and green for high, this is power in from the truck harness. Should have power on orange for low and red for high, this is going to the truck lights.
    With the plow plugged in you should have power on black for low and white for high going out to the plow and black orange is ground.

5. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Also, the power plug for the plow runs the plow headlights. So if you only have the signal plug connected, it will shut off the truck headlights, but the plow headlights won't work either. That is only for the headlights though, the turn signals and such should work together.

6. Elite Property Services

Thanks guys I will check further later I appreciate your help.

7. Elite Property Services

Thanks again crash I traced the brown wire to the 3m scotchlock at the parking lights and found the corroded scotchlock fixed the problem for good. I appreciate everyones help.:nod: Thanks Nathan