1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Light Wiring

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WoodMiller, Dec 23, 2010.

1. WoodMiller

WoodMiller Junior Member

Am trying to replace my Myer Night Sabre Lights for my 2004 F250 with a set of Universal Plow Lights by Buyers. Anybody know if : a) there is a way to use Myer's Isolation relays or b) Where to I get the power from for High versus Low beams? The Universal setup has a six terminal switch that you feed truck harness low and high beam power to and sends low and high beam to either truck or plow. The problem is that my F250 seems to have the high and low beams already split to each headlight as soon as power comes out of the "Central Junction Box" under the steering wheel. From what I can tell, the "Multifunction Switch" (Connector C202a) is the only circuit diagrammed with a single wire for high beam power and a single for low beam power. Is this the connector I want to feed the dash switch from? Any ideas? Totally confused about what the heck I'm asking? Get a new plow/lights/truck?

Thanks - Wayne

2. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

I just cut the ends off of the Meyers and spliced them into the aftermarket lights, I believe that there are the same number of wires. Make sure you use dielectric grease and shrink wrap on every connection.

I still used all the other Meyers wiring and modules.

3. WoodMiller

WoodMiller Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried cutting the Night Sabre light connector loose and tying it into the Universal Light wiring harness. Maybe I need to leave the Meyer harness totally in place , cut the connector off the new lights and splice into the old Meyer harness? Thanks again.