1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Light wiring Question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Plowformoney, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Plowformoney

Plowformoney Junior Member

Hey, i have a 1991 f150,

I have the older style meyer lights and wiring harness off a 1997 f250SD.

I started the wiring yesterday, I grounded each side, and hooked up the turn signals. The hazzards and the turn signals work on the truck and plow lights... I hooked the multi-colored wire to the yellow wire on each side, and the black wire on the drivers side to the black wire comming out of the turn lamp. Did I wire it wrong? My parking lights don't come on the truck or the plow lights. I haven't tapped into the main harness yet to connect those wires. Is this why my parking lights don't work?

Now my question,

I want to wire my lights so that I can just use the plow lights if I want, not the truck lights..(less strain on battery). Is this possible?

I don't know too much about wiring these things so any help is appriciated. If someone has the time to explain how everything works, that would be awesome! thanks guys!!
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  2. Plowformoney

Plowformoney Junior Member

Forget all that ^ It won't let me edit it.

ok, Ive got everything figured out, the lights work fine.

However I can't get the parking lights to come on on the truck. They come on on the plow lights, even when the switch isn't on. Not a big deal, but I would like to fix it.