1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow light question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lazer Man, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

I'm looking to up date my plow lights, we just installed a Meyer plow on one of our trucks and the plow came with the Nite Saber lights. I was impressed with the brightness of those lights. I'm thinking of upgrading a set on our other plows which are not Meyer products, any probs with that? And also I've read about HO Halogens, are these similar to the lights in my current plows and require just a change of bulbs? Just a few questions I did a search of the Nite Sabers and didn't come up with the answers to my question. Thanks for any and all help.

Bob :D :cool:

2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i would stay away from the night saber light i think they are a bad desighn.thats what i have the problem is this yes they are bright enough but they use rivits to hold them on look up under the light youll see what im talking about theese rivits come loose and the light wiggles like crazy when your driving real anoying.you cant replace them without replacing the whole damd thing which will cost 120dollars per light:realmad: i told the meyers dealer not they can due anything but maybe bring to myers attention that instead of using rivits they should use some sort of small stainless steal screw.other than that they are great lights.the other lights your talking about i know nothing about.sorrygood luck:drinkup:

jeff