1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow light on passenger side won't work on low

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fire12, Nov 28, 2010.

1. fire12

fire12 Junior Member

Hi guys I'm having a problem with the lights on my plow they both work on high beam but on low the only one will work is the driver side I checked the wires coming from the head light and theres pwer there, any ideas

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

bad light. there is a filament for both high and low. sounds like the low filament is blown.

3. fire12

fire12 Junior Member

No went out and bought a new light still won't work

4. fire12

fire12 Junior Member

Also I have check the conections on the light it only gets power on the high side of the plug in the plow light bucket

5. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

then you got a broken wire somewhere. start tracking your wires. good place to start is where the wires all split from the pug to the lights, and power pack.

6. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

What plow and truck is it on? On my ford with a 4 port isolation module there was some small print I missed when I was installing it and only the drivers light worked, I switched the sides of the light harnesses and then the passengers would only work. There was something that had to be checked, it was a dead end switch, once I read the directions and not just looked at the wiring diagram I found it. And them it all worked out

7. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

I just installed a used set up, without any instructions, and don't have power for low beam coming out of the 4 plug module for the DS light.
    Care to elaborate what you did?

8. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I fianlly found it on westerns website. took me a while but it was there. That is what I had to do to get mine to work. I knew I couldn't expalin it without the manual. Heres the link hope it helps let us know what it was. I was stumped when I installed mine.
    http://library.westernplows.com/pdf/28561.04_052407.pdf

9. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

Thank you!.
    I'm going to go through it and try to figure it out!

10. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

just had the same issue on a 4 port chevy truck on the number one port wire about 12" away are two fuse holders and the third is a jumper wire plug u need to try a different configeration there are 3 prongs i touched a screw driver to see whhich one made it work but it will be the middle one and one of the two side prongs need to try it though i did that and it worked.