1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Light Meltdown

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BigDawg, Jan 26, 2004.

1. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

Plow Truck...................................................................$20,000.00
    Power Angle Plow........................................................$3500.00
    Losing Your Lights at 3am while plowing.....................PRICELESS!

Yup...........Got the new(used) plow truck, throw my plow on there, wired the lights, figured, the light relays can wait, I'll get a round to putting them in. Just a word to the wise, do it from the get go. 3am this morning I melted down my factory headlight switch. Not to mention the great new air freshner I now have, I think they call fragrance ala plastic. Have nothing better to do while the trucks at the electrical shop getting fixed so I figured I share my story. Sux to be me I guess:realmad:

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Thats a bummer. Hey, heres a tip for the smell. Ace sells plastic mesh bags with a mineral called zeolite(I think thats it) in them that absorb and adsorb odors really well. You can put a few in your cab and it will help. Every so often, set them in the sun and they gas off the odor and are renewed. Nonscents was the name of the original co. I had seen them made by. Check 'em out. Hope your truck comes out O.K.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2004
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

were you able to go back to ur own light or aux lights

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Sucks to have no headlights don't it?
    I had an Ambulance fry one headlight and the plug on another at 03:00am Sat night. Hard to drive at night with no headlights!

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the plow light on the western are not so bright you have to use high beems to see sometimes

6. BigDawg

BigDawg Member

Well, back up and running. Odor seems to be gone. I was thinking about putting a backrack on that truck anyway so I may as well and put some aux lights on it. Guess you can never have enough light. Just glad it was not real bad and got fixed quick, suppose to get another 6 to 12 inches tonight.:p