1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow light low beam (wideout)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plow4u, Mar 2, 2014.

1. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

Anyone able to help? my low beams keep switching from plow lights to truck lights while going down the road? Everything works and when turn high beams on they are fine and stay on plow lights. Any help would be greatful

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Since they don't fail on high beam it's kind of strange. Does your plow power go off too? I would swap isolation modules if u can borrow one.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check/clean bumper connections.

4. mishnick

Looking deeper in the book this is quite an anomaly. There r many things that will switch plow lights to truck but they r all common to both high and low. They also shut the controller off. Grill plug (bumper plug) and all fuses included. This is looking more like two plug relay. Let us know what system we r dealing with so we don't chase our own tails.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  5. mishnick

Clearly u have a two plug relay system. What kind of truck is it? How many headlights? How many relays in your truck side plow harness?
    I expect if u pull your relays out of whatever crack they r stuffed in u will see corroded / broken wires to one or more of the relays.

6. mishnick

Ok I c that's impossible as it's a wideout. Which brings us back to making no sense at all because everything I see that will cause it to switch between plow and truck affects both high and low plus control. Are you sure it never switched on high beam? And does the controller shut off?

7. plow4u

Thanks for the response guys, Its a 2013 F250 SuperDuty. The lights switch real quick from plow low beam to truck low beam. Controller does not loose power. When I run with high beams on it doesnt do it. Did have a fuse blown for my rear taillights last night. Guess I'll find out tonight if low beams still switch.

8. mishnick

The truck tail light fuse should not affect the plow. And the fact that the controller doesn't fail narrows it down and eliminates a lot. Again I suggest swapping the isolation module. You could also try shaking wires to see if you can make it fail

9. plow4u

Its a three plug isolation module, Are they all the same?? May just buy one to have a spare

10. mishnick

There r three different versions. Just look at the color of the label. Probably green. They are an expensive unit to buy, over $100 here. I would ask to try one, plug it in and go for a drive. If that fixes it keep it, if not give it back. At my shop I have one I use just for troubleshooting.

11. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have two wideouts and both are on 2008 chevy 2500hd's. Both have been doing this all winter. They started with one or both plow lights dimming. Then they started switching off and truck lights back on. Been driving me nuts. But it is something either in iso module or headlight harness. Havent traced it down yet tho

12. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

there's only two different three port iso modules. the 29070-1 for almost all trucks, and the 29760-1 for 2008 Fords only.

13. mishnick

There r three models sold here, perhaps because we have different DRL systems. White label 29070, blue label 29760-1 and the green label 29060. See lit#22373 electrical schematics guide pages 12, 13 and 14. I think the -1 is just a newer revision of the base model but the three color label versions is what they showed me on my factory course.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  14. HERCULESTRUCK

HERCULESTRUCK Junior Member
    from PA

I just had a customers truck do the same thing and it was the isolation module 29070-1