1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow light Issue Ultramount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Ant118, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

Well on my 2000 dodge with a 9' Pro Plus the plowlights arent working. I keep checking the 10amp fuse for the lights and they keep blowing. Seem like they work until you hit a bump. Im thinking there is a short somewhere. Been looking through the harness with still no luck. Any thoughts?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Start by following the wiring harness from the lights, to the ISO mod. Then out out the mod to the trk lights and plow lights. Look at any place where the wiring rubs. But hate to say it, welcome to the world of electrical diag

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to narrow things down. Does this affect only the plow lights or the truck too? According to the 3 port schematic that 10A fuse provides power to the isolation module to pass down the line to the plow headlights. All the truck headlights do when the plow is connected is activate relays in the iso module to send that fused power out to the plow. So if the fuse is blowing I don't think it will be a problem in the truck lights or the wires between headlights and isolation module. I would be looking at the cable the cable that plugs into port A on the iso module and runs out to the grill to plug into the plow. if you have had a rad replacement or something they probably pinched the wires under a bolt. Pull the whole cable out and examine it. If that is OK then move on to the plow side that this plugs into and examine it carefully, inch by inch. You should open the Nighthawks too and see that nothing is shorting out or exposed inside there.

4. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

Thanks guys. I figured out it was the plug into the module. Replaced and works 100%

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Strange that an unplugged cable would blow fuses?

6. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

a couple of the pins were corroded going into the module.

7. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

I had kind of the same probelm, My problem was the pins n the truck/plowside connector were corroded. Or you might want to check if you wiggle around the truck plowside and the lights work, one of you connectors are going bad-that was my other problem.