1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow light heights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by saltheump, Feb 18, 2014.

1. saltheump

saltheump Junior Member

Not exactly a repair question as much as a basic height question of my plow lights with the plow raised. I use western vplows and straight 7s on my snow ways all mounted on Chevys 1/2 tons and 3/4 tons. Looking for a basic height of the plow lights on low and high beam. An darn it it seems that each plow installed is at a different height. Thanks for any help.
  2. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

It will all depend upon how high they are mounted on the trucks of course. You could try to do them all the same to save time, but the angles will vary dependent upon initial height from the ground.

I adjusted mine to replicate the pattern that the stock headlights throw.

Just remember to adjust them with the plow up, and all of your ballast on board, so your light pattern is good while in transport.