1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow light harness confusion.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 81nascar, Oct 25, 2009.

1. 81nascar

81nascar Junior Member

Ok, after searching through some of the old post's and looking at Western's sight I'm still at a loss on what harness I need. Local Western dealer is of little help. So maybe some of you that are more schooled than me can help. I have an older Convential plow with cables. I'm putting it on a 98 Chevy 3/4 ton with the standard quad lights. Also in the mix is the DLR's. I'm trying to find a plug and play(mostly), for the lights. Most all the answers I seem to recieve are in reference to the unimount harness and no one is sure if it will work for me. Any thoughts?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You can go either way, cut a splice the truck wiring and add a switch, use a western cross harness with some relays and a switch or the hard part is find a old wetern conventional harness.