1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow light failure

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2005DMAX, Nov 18, 2008.

1. 2005DMAX

2005DMAX Junior Member

O.K. Here we go. A buddy and I just bought new 8.5 MVP Pro PLUS plows. All mounted and wired and all is good. Well, for a while. I picked miine up and moved it and the right headlight bulb blew. He picked his up and went out on the road to adjust lights. No problems there. We came back and he set it down and his right headlight blew also. So he went to drop the plow and when he flipped the stand down, the other one blew. What the h*** is going on? Anybody got an answer?

2. 2005DMAX

2005DMAX Junior Member

Well, turns out it must be a problem from factory with the bulbs. I went to a local auto parts store and bought new bulbs at $25 a piece. Installed them and all is fine. Now I have to just get the dealer to warranty the lights. When the bulbs blew, it turned the lens all cloudy.