1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lifting question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mattruck1992, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Mattruck1992

Mattruck1992 Junior Member

hey guys so i've been working on the e-60 that i got from my dad (if you can fix it you can have it kinda deal) got the new seal kit and after talking to him he suddenly remembered that the solenoids needed to be replaced which from looking around that could be quite expensive on top of the new dual post motor. Last year when i still didn't know how plows worked i rigged up a cable come along to lift and lower the plow (having to get in and out of the truck every push... it was a snow day i had a lot of free time) my question is that my dad thought it for this season to make sure i really like plowing that we could just rig up the 2000 pound electric winch to the front of the truck and raise and lower it that way, with the pump still on the truck so we can short chain it for driving.

So do you guys think this is feasible i read on meyer spec sheets that the ST-7.5 only weighs 700 pounds so a 2000 pound winch would do the job. and have any of you guys come across this type of setup or maybe tried this setup in a real pinch

I know it's not the right way but i'm only doing a couple of drives to see if i really like to do this before we spend the money to fix it the right way..... or possibly buy a new setup
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I would invest in the pump, even if you decide you don't care for plowing you will easily double your money on the resale of a remanufacutered E60 than a core pump. A E60 core today is worth between $100-$200, a properly remanufacuted E60 can easily fetch up to $700 on E-Bay at this time of year.

So Fix it right, you will certainly find the plowing experience a lot better than rigging up a potentially unsafe situation.
  3. Mattruck1992

Mattruck1992 Junior Member

Yeah and i will probably do that after talking to my dad because he might use the plow when i go to college... but we first need to wait for a while to get the money together for the new solenoids and motor. So for the time being do you think that the winch system would work cause we already have winch and it might snow sooner than we get the parts.