1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lifting problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sluggermn, Dec 6, 2008.

1. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

Hey all first post here.
    I bought a 94 ford F250 with a 8' western snow plow late this summer and we just got enough snow for me to play around with it.
    here is the problem when I start out it lifts and side shifts fine but after about 15 to 20 min. of plowing it wont lift or side shift at all unless I let it set for 3 to 5 min. then it will go back to working normal.
    the second issue is there seems to be some sag in the system when I drive down the road after about five miles the plow starts to drop really really slowly. if I let it go it takes about 2 more miles before it starts to skip the right corner into the pavement when I hit a bump.

what is going on and what can I do about it.
    thanks
    slugger

2. alleghenypaving

alleghenypaving Member

check your oil ,sounds like you might be low,your second issue may be related. good luck..

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i agree. or a heat issue with your valves/connections

4. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

thanks guys
    I did check and top off the oil last night and it still did the same thing I am going to check it today and see if the level dropped.
    if it has dropped how do you bleed off the system to get air out?
    slugger