1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow lifting issues.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 89Comanche, Jan 30, 2011.

1. 89Comanche

89Comanche Member

We have a MM1 on one of our trucks, it worked flawlessly for the last 5 years but this year is giving me major headaches. It seems I can only lift the plow about 3inches off the ground. So I changed the fluid, checked the brushes, still wont lift more then 3 inches. So I chocked up on the chain a bit, still nothing, after seeing this I figured something had to be terribly wrong so I had one of my guys lift and lower the plow well I had a look at it. The lifting ram will extend all the way up but the plow get almost no height, the chain is about as short as it can get, from what I see it would appear when the ram goes about mid way up the plow stops lifting and the head gear begins to tilt forward. what can I do for this?

here is a very crude ms paint drawing I came up with to give you an idea of what I'm facing. Will attempt to get real shots at some point.
    [​IMG]

Note: Head gear/truck frame is not bent in anyway. Could it be the plow mounts?

2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Thats some nifty graphics there. cant help you with your issue. But A+ on presentation

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you ever adjusted where the a-frame attaches to the headgear itself?There are multiple holes depending on the height of your truck

4. 89Comanche

89Comanche Member

Don't flatter me now.

Thanks I'll give that a shot.