1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow lift controls

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Geary44, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

could someone please send some pictures of where they have there plow lift controls on the newer dodge rams. . . please and thank you

2. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

What kind of lift controls are you asking about???? the permanent mount joysticks or something like the fish stick style or hand held ones????

I have a hand held boss controller that i will take a picture of for you later this afternoon of where mine sits when now in use.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

If you are talking about a Fishstik type of hand held controller. I personall dont like making holes in dash. So I run wire up under the steeing wheel. So it can be easily connected and disconnected. Then I just draped it over the cup holder or just hook it on the bag loop.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I made a removable bracket to hold mine right in front of the center console, between the Coffee and the shifter, and pull it out when I'm not using it.

5. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

Ok so I took some pictures of what I have my controller hooked up to for you.

BigDave you might want to look into this as well there is no drilling involved with what i have set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

than you very much for the pics

7. Glacier

Glacier Junior Member

Hand Controls

I am running with a Boss hand held control pretty sweet. What kind are you looking for?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  8. BigDave12768

It kinda looks like you made holes in that Bezel. How is that thing staying up? I disconect my plow usually with in a day after the storm and just un plug the controler and store it under seat.

What model CB is that? I like the way you mounted it.

9. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

anybody use the joy stick type of controls that could post pics?

10. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I just use the "L" shaped bracket that Boss gives you on the joystick and close the lid of the center console on it. Works for me.

11. BigDave12768

Most people mount it to the left of the steering wheel. You bend the bracket a bit and just screw it into that lower dash panel thats held on by 2 screws and 2 clips. The joystick controler sits just behind the steering wheel. This way you can easily just control plow with your finger tips.

12. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

Big Dave

The main mount for that pro clip system has a very thin area that slides between the rough plastic around the radio and the smoother plastic next to the A/C vent. it uses the factory supplied tape that you peel and stick to the plastic. I dont have a good picture of it though.

The other pieces can be taken off and added to if need be they use the supplied screws to mount them and they sell all sorts of different mounts for every make and model cell phone and GPS systems (thats what the middle mount is for) to note pad holders and 2 way radios the whole nine yards.

the CB is made by cobra and its the smallest "full" unit they make. there was a little cutting and fabing up of that area inside that little waste of space dodge put into the dash.

They do make the other CB unit that hides under the dash and all the controlls are on the microphone handle.

I usually put my controller under the middle seat also during the summer and stuff but i am out so often in the winter that its just easier to hang it off the clip.

its been on the dash now for over a year and is used on a regular basis with no isues so i am very happy with the product

13. BigDave12768

Gearyy This is a new Ford pic. But this is a common placement on all trucks.

[​IMG]

14. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

thanks Big Dave. where is the cord ran through at? and when it isnt plow season does that have to stay there or can it be unpluged some how?

15. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Here is what i fabbed up to make shifiting and controlling the plow easy.

IMG00019.jpg

IMG00020.jpg

IMG00021.jpg

IMG00022.jpg

16. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio