1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow left to right adjustment

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by traviswalker007, Dec 8, 2006.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

does anybody know how much play is ok in your plow. If i lift my plow half way up and push down on one corner it will hit the ground? i did check the piviot pin and can spin the pin? its not real tight. its a 8.6 western pro plow. im thinking of taking it in to the dealer but if its simple i can do it my self when i change the cutting edge this weekend.

2. BDB

BDB Senior Member

Check to see if the bolt is bent or the hole it is in is oblong. Common for this to happen. They can be reworked by someone or you have to buy a new frame if that is the case. You do want some play so it contours the ground better.

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

The center pivot bolt should be as "tight" as possible without the a-frame and quadrant binding up. There shouldn't be "any" play when rocking the plow blade as this causes wear and bending (and finally breaking) of the mounting and support tabs on them.
    :rolleyes: John...