1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow leaks down slowly

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wwhite, Jan 4, 2012.

1. wwhite

wwhite Junior Member

E 60 plow leaking down. Everything else is working fine. I'm thinking I need the A valve stem. Anyone had these problems? If so what did you do?
  2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

a valve seals or ram packing or ram o ring
  3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

minor seal kit should fix your problem
  4. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Agreed with above comments, also check your lift ram for rust marks and replace it if necessary, also replace all orings associated with the lift ram
  5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

my E-60 does that for the first 10 minutes of every season for the past 5 years.
    i have replaced the piston packing and o-ring, and it still does it.
    i live with it because it is only for 5-10 lifts and then goes away for the rest of the season.
  6. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

((( to tjctransport))......... i would think that your a valve is sticking take it out clean it and replace seals if not its just a matter of time before it lets you down...
  7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that has been done twice, including replacing the valve. like i said, it only does it 5-10 times when i first put the pump on. it is fine after that. and has been that way for 5 years now.
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sticky valves, a good flushing with Meyer Hyda-flush often solves that issue.

Check the o rings on the A and B valves

Best thing you can do for your pump is drain it every spring fill it with Meyer's Hydra-Flush cycle a few times and let it set all summer. It will clean and lubecate and keep your seals in good condition. Best is to raise the ram then fill the resovoir to keep moisture from rusting the inner walls of the tank. Then spray the entore unit with Fluid film
  9. wwhite

wwhite Junior Member

Thanks for all the replys I'm going to start by replacing the A valve. I replaced the ram packing and seals recently so I'm hoping this is the problem.