1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow just quit

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Iceman551960, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Iceman551960

Iceman551960 Junior Member

I removed my plow off my old truck and put it on another. I broke the joystick when installing (old T style) so I put a new style on. The motor and pump is old but worked just fine. (Isarmatic mark llla cable style). I hooked everything up and it went up and down three or four times. I turned it right then tried to turn it left but it wouldn't. I adjusted the cable nut and it turned right but wouldn't turrn left. Then it just stopped working all together. Won't go up. Won't turn either way. The motor runs. I can grab the piston on the pump and pull it up and push it down. Any suggestions? I did drain the fluid and replaced AFTER it happened and the resivoir is full.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Ah, I bet you never purge the air out of the system of even check the filter attach to the pump to make sure it wasn't clog..

Did you??

3. Iceman551960

Iceman551960 Junior Member

How do you purge the air out of the system?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

unhook the cables and run it manually. have someone run the control to make the motor run and turn the valves with pliers. if it works that way you know it is in the cable adjustment.