1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PLow just drops - Kaboom !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by snowdogplow, Sep 5, 2012.

1. snowdogplow

snowdogplow Junior Member
    from yukon

Well boys so I have been plowing my 1/2 mile drive with my tractor but I got an old truck an old meyer E-60 at auction . got the wiring right - everything was frozen up but with enough tinkering everything seems to be running can lift the plow turn it right and left - lights are working - only thing is when I push the joy stick to go down - kabboom ! she just drops quicker than the government taking money out of my pocket

so not having done this before is that normal? is it just suppose to go kaboom or should there be some hydraulic resistance to allow this to move in a slower fashion ??/

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Keeps the snow from sticking.feather it down next time.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Should be a screw to adjust the drop speed. Ck Meyers website for the info

4. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

It a good pump there's a cap over a 8mm screw. If you turn it clockwise it should slow it down. You don't want it to slow.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. snowdogplow

from yukon

Thanks

Thnaks boys - found it - turned it - now I can mover her slower than a state worker on break - thanks !!

7. dieselss

Good deal. But I think your a little off. Wouldn't it be slower than a state worker off break?

8. snowdogplow

from yukon

LOL ! I stand corrected - or if i were a state worker i would sit corrected

9. dieselss

Lmao. That's the hammer hitting the nail on the head !!!

10. blazer2plower

Are there two of you standing and one holding a shovel

11. dieselss

No. 3. One holding the shovel. One hole or fire watching. And then the stuper visior with the code book

12. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

You also need a fat guy in a truck that does even less than the other three and an all star that calls himself an operator. Then you'll have yourself a whole state crew.

13. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Only if they're on OT!

14. blazer2plower

Indiana as well

15. snowdogplow

from yukon

Hey we have a toll taker that just retired at age 50 taking home $128,000 per year for the rest of his life with free health care - New York State - what a joke ( I dont think the chimp that replaced him will make as much)
    PUblic unions helping the incompetent feel usefull for over 70 years Average teachers retirement in NY is worth over 2 million dollars and they only "work" 180 days out of the year - We repurchase our homes every 20 years form the government in property taxes .... dont get me going !

16. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Try pushing the joystick just part of the way instead of all the way. That usually makes hydraulics work slower

17. dieselss

Not in an electric operated hydraulic system. Only in a true hyro system plow

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Old Western Iso-marc cable controlled electric/hydraulic unit would do it.

Just to be pedantic I think the term you're looking for is "not with (electric) solenoid operated hydraulics" ;)

19. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

oh ok gotcha! maybe mount a shock absorber to it to slow it down?

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or he could just use the link provided and adjust it though the "drop speed adjuster" designed into the pump.

You can do that with your Western also. Western calls it the "quill".