1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow just clicks

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bts44, Jan 3, 2011.

1. bts44

bts44 Junior Member
    from NY

I have a 2005 Boss v plow, when I hook up it will click when i want to lift. It will let me push the wings out but wont pull in or lift. I had a friend hook up to the plow and it worked fine so I know the problem is on my truck. Please help?

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you try testing your solenoids?Move them around 1 by 1 to isolate the bad one if it is this.The other possibility is a bad controller.I'm sure B&B will appear soon with his thoughts.

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

First thing you should check is your ground connections.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Try his controller in your truck.

5. kegger351

kegger351 Junior Member

new guy here. i have an older boss vplow but mine would do that and my solenoid got hot and also make sure both your plugs are fully conected.

6. bts44

bts44 Junior Member
    from NY

solenoid

Do you think it could be the solenoid because I can push the wings out but I can not bring them back in?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The motor solenoid isn't even used to retract the wings.....so it's definitely not that. Did you try another controller?

8. bts44

bts44 Junior Member
    from NY

solenoid

Ive been out of town so I havent tried anything yet. I also tried the switch on the plow and that just clicks.

9. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

Switch controllers! If that isn't it start looking\moving wiring, check connectors, etc.

10. bts44

bts44 Junior Member
    from NY

Thanks for all the help...............I changed the ground cable and cleaned all the connections and it works fine.Thanks again