1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow joystick idea

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rocksbite, Dec 2, 2011.

1. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

hey guys i have been ready as much as i can on the site and it is great!

i have an older meyers 2 joystick wiring that i got with the plow, then a friend gave me a new setup out of is 05 f350. it has the white connector. i didnt get the controler.

while i was at the local u pull it yard i picked up a very large power mirror control switch out of a late 90's f250 conversion van.

i would like to use this to control the plow. i looked at the wiring diagrams on line and it seems like it would work. i was even thinking i could use the left off right part of the switch to control something else.
  2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Uh, not sure that would last long. It would work, but after a few uses it would burn up the board.

I took a controler from a snoway and rewired it for my meyer plow, just never could get the up/right to be in the correct place. So now my up is right and right is up, oh well I am used to it!
  3. threecaptains

threecaptains Junior Member

meyer has what is called a slick stick its worth the 40 bucks ive used one for years not worth the chance of a break down in the middle of a storm
  4. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

I think it might work. The solenoids on a plow don't draw much power so give it a try. The slick stick is a good backup plan, or go get two regular dpdt switches for $10 and run dual switches, that's what meyer used to be.
  5. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

I have 2 sets of meters 2 switch setups but I like the idea of just the one switch. I've looked at the slick sic and can't find them for less then $70