1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow jerks to right only

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fx4plowin, Nov 23, 2010.

1. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

just installed my fisher ht on my 04 f150, worked great, and flawless. i decided to dismount completely and remount to make sure everything was still good, and low and behold i remount it and now the up, left, and right try to make the plow go towards the right, but will not completely go right like something is holding it back, but will not go in any other direction. any help?

2. Deere444H

Deere444H Junior Member

check your 3 pin harness, and ground, if its unplugged or bad connections it defaults right, well mine dose, so i assume they are all on the same style valve block. if you look at hydro schematics, it will show if all selinoids are de-energized, it will angle right.

3. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

thanks deere444h...for anyone else that may have this problem, what had happened was when i installed it with the fuses supplied by fisher they were only 2amp fuses and when i was reconnecting the power and ground cable to the plow it was constantly popping the fuses. upon further research, they are supposed to be 10amp fuses, so i installed 2 10amp fuses and just like that everything is back to narmal and not blowing fuses when i reconnect the power supply

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Did they come separate from the harness, or were they already installed in there respective sockets / boots?

Good job narrowing it down so quickly.

5. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

they came installed in the harness prior to install. it sucked when i went toreinstall and everytime that was happening and i started hooking it up in the night time and thats when i noticed a flash everytime i hokedpower to it, thats when i noticed that the fuses where popping, so i referred to the install manual and started reading and thats where it says they should be 10 amp fuses and not 2 amp fuses. so for anyone else that gets this issue i hope this helped

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Well, that was nice of them!