1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow jammed left and right

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Scott Sabin, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Scott Sabin

Scott Sabin Junior Member

my smarthitch rt3 straight blade seemed jammed last night . I had up and down no left and right ,I could hear the pump running when trying to angle . I checked plow seemed free to move I bounced by hand . Finally pushed againest a snow pyle one right side and moved. This happened before when I hit hard on right side . Second problem the pump has stuck running after letting off button on controller. I ve had jog it left ,right,left quickly . I dont know if problems are related . some guidence would be great not sure were to start looking

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

How old is the fluid? It may be freezing or just thickening up due to the cold temps. My back blade did that this year. Changed the fluid and was good to go.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Likely needs the angle valve replaced but verify it's coil grounds are good first. The pump sticking on is probably just a dying motor solenoid but you can test the controller too. The next time it sticks on simply unplug the controller. If it doesn't stop then the motor solenoid is faulty. If it does then the controller is faulty, which can be your angle issue as well if it's a handheld unit.

Both of these issues can also be caused by corrosion/water in the 13-pin plug so be sure it's ok first as preliminary (and free) verification.