1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow jack

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Any idea what I can use to support the plowframe when not on the truck? I've been using a small floor jack but that's getting old. I've thought about getting a real small trailer tongue jack, don't know if theres room to fold it up out of the way. Mine apparently had one at one time because the holes are there. I'm assuming that the factory ones are big bucks (like everything else) but I thought I should be able to cob something together.

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Huh? Missing the original jack stand I assume?

The original one is pretty simple. I think the best effort is best spent to recreate one, if you cannot find one cheap. Maybe even improve on it, like making a huge foot for the thing to keep it from sinking in the mud.
    If you need a pic of one let me know.

Chris

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, mines gone, Theres three bolt holes on the drivers side that I assume is where it was. I couldn't find one on their website and I figured they are expensive so I wanted to cob something together that would work.

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

There is not much to it, it can't be expensive.

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

6x6

I find a block of wood under the power hitch is the fastest, easiest and most convenient. I never use the kick stand

6. scaper27

scaper27 Member

You should be able to get a new jack from the dealer