1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nickacf7, Nov 27, 2010.

1. nickacf7

nickacf7 Junior Member

Last night I hooked up the plow to the truck, connected the wiring and went to use the swicth to lift it to lock it in place and it worked for a second made some wired nose and died. Disconnected the plow hooked the truck to a differant plow thinking it might of been something with the truck wiring but everthing worked on a differant plow. So its someting with the plow. Took the cover off the plow and all the wires are good, and its good on fluid. The plow is a two year old 8'2" v. Bad motor maybe? any ideas?

2. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

I would start simple. Grab a test light and make sure power and grounds are good and go from there. Also check the relay swiches under the hood. Happened to me earlier this year, one of my relays were loose and I had power again

3. elecblu

elecblu Member

Something else to check. I had a bad switch on mine. (smart-hitch switch one the side of the tower)

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Jump the motor with a set of jumper cables briefly, if it runs and the plow side power cable is in good shape replace the SH toggle.

5. nickacf7

nickacf7 Junior Member

Ok I'll mess around with it tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions guys

6. onyxboy03

onyxboy03 Junior Member

did you fix your issue?

7. nickacf7

nickacf7 Junior Member

Yes I did get i fixed. It was a bad motor