1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow is sticking to the left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TDS, Oct 16, 2011.

1. TDS

TDS Junior Member

it only sticks to the left if i push snow hard or "jam" the blade on the left side.

only way i can get it freed up is if i push the right side against a curb. it will then move left to right freely with the controls until it gets pushed on the left side again.

does this sound like a valve or a bad ram

2. TDS

TDS Junior Member

someone anyone?

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

If it's a valve issue it would do it all the time, not just when fully angled to one side. Look for something binding, maybe a bent a-frame, quadrant, or something of that nature. Also look for any visible bends in the rams when the blade is angled all the way both ways. If all that checks out, either swap in a new angle cylinder or switch the right and left angle cylinders and see what happens.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Next time it's stuck try disconnecting the pass side coupler. If it disconnects normally without too much force required then you have a mechanical binding issue on the plow, usually a worn nose plate or pivot bolt or both. However if you have to really struggle to disconnect the coupler or it won't uncouple at all then the C valve is swollen and needs replaced. Very common issue on the Meyer stuff.

5. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

I had a similar issue. Make sure that when it is all the way angled it is hitting the "stops". If it isn't add a shim to the stop to make sure it does. If it isn't hitting the stops, the seal pack attached to the bottom of the angle ram piston actually gets drawn too far out and gets stuck. If it goes too far, the seals get ruined.

6. TDS

TDS Junior Member

Update.
    Flush and refilled
    All new couplers

Moves freely when I stand it up and connect the two hoses to each other.
    When hooked up to the pump As soon as I angle it gets stuck to the left.

It was real hard to remove the coupler
    Now when the plow is off the pump I hook the two hoses up Nd it still won't move when I stand it up and try to angle by hand.

7. TDS

TDS Junior Member

I was also told my c valve was ok when I had my pump serviced. However I haven't looked first hand

8. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

This sounds very familiar. I ruined both my angle pistons because of what I posted before. I had to push the plow against a curb to get it going again, just like your other post mentioned. When the plow angles all the way, there has to be contact between the stop welded to the curved sector that pivots and the a frame. If not, you will have continuous trouble.