1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow is sticking on???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Bossman 92, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Long story short, I had a shop switch out motors in my 00 F 350 and the jack wad unhooked the battery and never hooked up the hot or ground wires for the plow. Also they cut one small ground wire off and unhooked another small hot wire (I think both run the controler).

Yesterday after alot of cussing, I finally found all the wires (they were all rolled up and zip tied together hidden under the air filter box)

I hooked up the hot and the ground, then managed to find the two smaller wires and hooked them up. Now when we raise the plow it picks it all the way up then continues to run the pump untill yuo unhook it, same with the wings. To get it to shut off you have to unplug the 2 large wired plug from plow to the truck.

It goes down without a problem, and the right wing retracts fine, but the left wing won't.

The plow worked fine when I parked it, I am wondering if it could be a bad selonid (sp) or mabey a problem in my controler?

By the way, once this is figured out I have another truck that was repainted (wires were un hooked also) and nothing works on it either. :help:

Thanks Bossman

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

While it's stuck (running uncontrolled) immediately disconnect the controller, if it stops then the controller is defective or you have some wiring incorrect. However if it doesn't stop, replace the under hood solenoid.

No left wing retract is likely a broken/cut wire or a poor connection in the bumper plug pins. Left wing retract wire is red/black and the #6 pin in the plug.

[​IMG]

3. Bossman 92

Well I figured you would see this and respond B&B.

Thanks B&B I'll let you know what I find out.

Bossman

4. Bossman 92

Well this morning I ran the plow and un-hooked the controler like you said and it stopped instantly. I switched out controlers and now the plow functions properly most of the time, but still runs constantly some times.

Any ideas?

Bossman

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you still have a defective underhood solenoid so I'd change it out since it's a $20 part and a 5 minute fix.

If it doesn't fix it then it's time to double check the condition of the control harness everywhere from the controller plug to the UHS and including out to the plow, looking very closely for any cut or chaffed locations. Where the harness passes through the firewall, radiator support and through the pump box on the plow should be checked with extra precaution.