1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow interchange question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MaineVette, Nov 3, 2007.

1. MaineVette

MaineVette Junior Member
    from Maine

Hey all,

I'm looking into buying a used fisher plow and am curious which components are interchangable between vehicle makes and models. Where can I find out this information?

Is it just the pushplates that vary vehicle to vehicle, or do the plow frames vary as well? I understand that a plow for a full size truck won't be compatible with a plow for a compact truck...

Sorry if this is a real basic question, but I wasn't sure where to find out this information.

2004 GMC Sierra 1500
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Mounts and harness are vehicle specific depending on the year and weight rating (ie 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton). There are alot of years where specific mounts or harness will cross over. Since your looking at Fisher you can go to their site (link at top of page) find the selction guide and put in info for your truck to get the mount and harness numbers to fit your truck and then take the info from the truck that the equipment is coming off and do the same thing and see if the numbers match.