1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow interchange between Chevies.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by koalamotorsport, Nov 14, 2009.

1. koalamotorsport

koalamotorsport Junior Member

I have a good Meyer frame on a 1986 K5 Blazer. The truck is finished. Hell, it was finished 3 years ago but we've nursed it along.

Looking for a 'new' backup truck, to replace the Blazer. How long did Chebbie use the same truck frame? Can I go as far as 1993 or 1994 year model pickups? Not looking for another Blazer, but for a long bed pickup that might have some use during the summer months.

Thanks

Brett

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Your 86 K5 frame is the same as 1/2 & 3/4 pickups up through 87, Subs/Blazers/Yukons up through 91. I believe you could also get one tons with that frame through 91. To put it on a newer truck you would need at least new push plates.

3. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

the 86 frame will go up to 87; basically the really boxie front end

4. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

sorry 2cor517 I took way too long to reply, but yep you are correct I have seen some 89 and 90' 3500 with the same frame and body as the old ones.

5. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

I have an 86 Chevy C30 Dump w/a 8 Western Traditional mount. The dump is finished for plowing but I don't want to get rid of the plow (equipment is equipment you know?) Does anyone have an idea if I can retro fit (a welder) that Western to a 90-95 Ford 250/350 or Chevy 2500/3500 series trucks? I'm in the Chicago area and could use some real advise and a retro fitter contact. Help a guy in need.