1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Installation

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sdplowing, Oct 21, 2006.

1. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

How difficult would it be to install the plow myself? I was planning on an 8' HD going on an 04 2500HD. I've installed stereo systems and suspension systems in the past. Would the money I save on installation be worth the trouble?

Sean
    SD Plowing

2. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

Pretty easy if you have some help and the right tools. When I removed my set-up off my 2002 HD which was a 7.5 Fisher, I was prety amazed at how easily it came off. the push plates just bolt on with minor cutting of the air dam(GMC) and the electricals are basically plug and play. IIRC, the only splices that had to be made were with three wires for the park light and drl. The main cables are pretty easy. If your into stereos, then you will be ok.

3. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Thanks for the info.

4. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

SD,

Do you have any interest in a used plow? I am in a position to make a good deal, especially if you are putting it on a '04 2500 HD, as I am changing brands to a western V and I need an uncut air dam in trade for mine. The plow I have is a commercial duty Diamond Poly 7.5 with the E60 H system. It has very little use and has been stored inside. Let me know if you have any interest and I can send you some pictures..

Thanks,

Bill

PS I am also willing to do the installation for you..

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  5. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Thanks for the offer but I'm looking at a Fisher 8' HD. Besides that's one hell of a road trip for a plow.

Sean
    SD Plowing

6. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

It is but worth it to save 2000.00 or so!

I also do go to NY every other month or so..

7. db27

db27 Member

Do it yourself

I did my own install a few weeks ago on my old dodge with a new 8 ft fisher hd mm2 and it was not to bad of a project.The fisher directions were very good.I didnt save much more than a few hundred but i know the plow and wiring inside and out now and could trouble shoot a problem with ease.Also i know its on there per the instructions not hacked by someone else in a rush to get it out of there shop.:drinkup:

8. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Will that fit on a 1999 gmc 1500

9. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Would have to check, might need a different mount, not sure. Its kinda heavy for the 1500 series. The plow and headgear probably weighs 800+, it is very heavy duty! Email me if you are further interested, I don't want to highjack a thread, was just trying t help the poster out.

Bill

10. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Hijack away. I think I'm picking up an 8' HD on tues and slapping it on myself.:dizzy:

Sean
    SD Plowing