1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow installation

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sdplowing, Oct 21, 2006.

1. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

How difficult would it be to install the plow myself? I was planning on an 8' HD going on an 04 2500HD. I've installed stereo systems and suspension systems in the past. Would the money I save on installation be worth the trouble?

SD Plowing
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Not that difficult

Fisher installs are not that difficult if you read the instructions and have basic hand tools and a good drill with bits. If you working a lone a few blocks or a floor jack can come in handy as well. You made need an extra hand now and then when assembling the blade and Minute Mount, the assemblies do get kinda heavy for a single person. I would say being your first time through 6-7 hours, if you can get a buddy to help, 4 hours maybe, 5 depending on how many canned beverages you go through, lol
  3. db27

db27 Member

I did my own install a few weeks ago on the old dodge with a 8'mm2 hd myself and it wasn't to bad.About 12 hours taking my time and doing a neat install with the wiring.The fisher install guides made it easy.Also I learned the ins and outs of how this thing works so when it breaks it will be easy for me to fix.I didnt save much if anything by doing it myself but i know it isnt hacked.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Installing chevy anythings are cake. if you don't put it on a lift or ramps, be prepared to crawl on your belly.
  5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You'd definitely have no trouble at all. This install is so simple, especially on that truck. It may take you a little longer than usual if this is your first one, but just set aside a Saturday or Sunday and you'll be up and running in no time!
  6. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I did the install on both my Dodge and Gmc. Not that hard if you have tools. First time took me about 6 hours to get it all together, but the second, was easier. My plows were both western, but not that bad to do. Just take your time and read the instructions. Measure twice, drill once!!!
  7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Ew Sleeper is right down the street from you. They get about $250 to install it? IMO It's worth it. Getting it out of your truck and assembling is very doable with help. Consider what your weekends worth with your family. And if you have them do it you can be sure Stu the tech will install it and set it up right.