1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow installation ?'s.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by firebug130, Feb 5, 2008.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I have acquired a 1999 1500 silverado. I have a Meyers 7.5 ST plow that I would like to install. I will need to get the truck mount I know. It is the EZ mount Classic. Does anyone know the part number for the truck mount. I get a different number from Meyers and my local dealer. Also how much modification is needed to the front valance, etc?

Any other upgrades or changes?

Thanks.

I have had a small meyers plow on a tacoma for a few years, so I'm somewhat familiar with Meyer plows. Just looking for something a little bigger!

2. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

I don't know what the part number is on the mount, but I do know that I had a 99 1500 and you only need to cut a hole on each side big enough for the tube mount holes to stick out. Its easy and not much to cut.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 99-02 Silverado 1500 takes mount p/n 17118

03-up takes p/n 17138

Are those the two conflicting p/n's they're giving you?