1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Install

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by legendbridges, Dec 1, 2008.

1. legendbridges

legendbridges Junior Member

I have a 7' 6" MM2 3 plug I have not purchased the truck side wiring harness or mounts yet. Is this plow hard to install yourself? Exactly how much splicing is needed and are the splices at the headlights. Do first time home installs usually work. I am deciding to do it myself or have the dealer do it. Thanks for the advise. I am in northeast PA and work in northern NJ if anyone can recomend a shop to install at a good labor price.
  2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Its easy to do if you have some machanic ability the head lights are plug n play. I belve there is 4 splices the turn signals,runing lights and a ignition 12v+. what truck are your puting it on ???
  3. legendbridges

It's going on a 2002 Chevy 2500HD. I looked over the directions and doesn't look that hard. Just time consuming running the wire looms. The trick looks like to take a lot of the front end plastic off to get get some work space. Any hints on what to watch out for?
  4. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know much about chevys but on my ford I had to watch out for cooler lines and make sure that the wiring was clear of the push plates so it wont rub. take your time and torq all the bolts.

this was mid install on my truck

5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

It really isn't too hard. The only plastic I moved was the cover over the radiator. You'll have to find a fuse to plug the 12v wire in the cab and there are 4 wires to splice for the lights. 3 on the drivers side, blinker, DRL and parking lights. 1 on the pass side for the blinker. The toughest part was getting the plug through the firewall for the controller. The push plates took about 3 hours to do on mine, without removing the bumper. I think on Chevs you just have to take to lower part of the bumper off.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How difficult it is is dependent on what the plow was installed on previously and if you have the correct truck side harness's and such (including the correct Isolation module).

The mount is a piece of cake, few new installers have trouble with that, it's the lighting and wiring they have the difficulties with, and that includes being sure that they first have the correct components from the start.
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you don't have any paying work to do, go for it. It made more sense for me to have the dealer do it and go to work for the day. They know all the tricks for getting to the wiring, where to mount the modules, etc. Plus, if you have a problem, they will be familiar with your truck.
  8. legendbridges

Thanks for the info I think I will try it myself then...