1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow install

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Seabee15, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Seabee15

Seabee15 Member

Just got a 04 2500HD and buying my buddies 8000LT plow off him.... how hard is it to install this plow yourself? I just called a dealer, and they said for $5-600 they will get it done...no way! How about i save that 5-600 bucks and put it in a set of tires, or a amber light bar or something! ....

Let me know whatcha think.
  2. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

It's easy. I had my first Blizzard installed by the local dealer for $150, and then after seeing how easy it was, I installed the second one myself. It took about 2 hours, and that was at a very relaxed pace. The only part that is not plug-and-play is tapping into the turn signal wires. Get the plow manual from your buddy or from Blizzard's website, read up on it, and tackle it with a 6-pack!
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They are quite easy to do. No drilling on GM's. 2 hours would be lightning speed though. I would say closer to 6.
  4. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Back up the biscuit basket - I'm pretty sure the frame won't fit on your truck... He has a 2007 or newer 1500, right? Blizzard does not manufacture a mount for the 8000LT that fits a 3/4 ton GM truck.