1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow install question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Skyhawk, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Junior Member

Im installing a western pro plow on a 2005 F-550 w/ central hydro system.
    Do i need to add fuid into the hydrolic lines to the plow before i hook it up to the truck for the first time ? Not sure if it will automatically fill or do i have to manually do it ?
  2. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

I find it easiest to fill the hyd. tank, run the hydraulics, add fluid and then bleed as necessary and final fill the tank.
  3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

just fill it when its all done, cycle it up down, left right, and refill it- it tells you how in the install manual, supposed to do it like 5 times I believe
  4. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Fluid Fill

:waving: Hi Hawk, If your still thinking about what to do. I think your best bet would be to go to the western.com and print out the installation directiosn for your plow. There's no question with what the factory hs to say! I'm not saying that getting info from friends or from other plowers on this site is bad. I've learned alot from being a member of Plowsite. :gunsfiring: