1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Install and Dealrer Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by River Hill, Oct 3, 2002.

1. River Hill

River Hill Senior Member

Plow Install and Dealer Help

My new truck is on the way. I purchased a 2003 F350 Crew Cab 8' Bed Single Rear Wheel Diesel. I plan to install X Springs (6000LBS) on this truck which should give it the same front axle capacity as a F450.

The problem is I want to puchase a Western Proflow 1 spreader and a Western 8.5 V Plow with the new UltraHitch. Western just released these for the V Plow. I can't find anyone to install it for me as it does not meet there specs. even though I beefed up the front end. Does anyone know anyone who might do this for me on the East Coast? I am located in MD. I have had someone offer to sell me the plow but won't install it. Has anyone seen the V Plow with Ultra Hitch?
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2002
  2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Well... you ordered a truck that have diesel motor, crew cab, and 8' long box. It's a no surpise that no one will install it for you. Are you plowing for just your driveway or for business? If it is for your business, then I think you better find an alternative option.
  3. River Hill

River Hill Senior Member

I just do some sub-contracting. I am in MD so we don't get much snow, but there is lots of money to be made plowing and salting when it does snow. Most subs get paid between $75-$95 per hour and thats for plowing or salting. I needed this truck mainly for hauling the kids around and samll projects around the house. I figured I would put a plow and spreader on it as a good way to make some extra dough. I know it is not the best setup for plowing but it is my multi-purpose vehicle. I also will use it for landscaping. I am just looking for some assistance on getting a plow and spreader installed. I would consider Fisher as well, but I do want a V.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Brians, we have a member called Dockboy who might be able to help you out. He has a similar setup to what you described and has a V plow and spreader (I think) and his plow was dealer installed. Try a PM and ask him where his dealer is in Maryland.
  5. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

my western was over weight for the truck they just required i sign a release form.
  6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Brian, if you don't think you can handle the install yourself, I'd go back to the dealer's and try to talk to the mechanics, I'll bet one of them would be happy to make some weekend cash.
  7. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Congratulations on an excellent choice in vehicles!

You will be surprised at what you can accomplish with the F-350 Crew Cab diesel - single rear wheel 8' bed.

You can find many varities/configurations of snow removal/ice melt application equipment that will allow you to maximize your vehicle to the fullest extent.........and that just goes for the winter!

Of course, I own the exact same truck that you have ordered so I guess I'm just a "LITTLE" biased.................naaaaaaa!

Good luck and greater profits!

8. Hoopsfan

Hoopsfan Junior Member

Ok, I did the search thing!

Check out one of my post on this subject. When you see "extended cab" in my initial post, replace that with "crew cab". I meant to say crew cab, not extended cab. I ran into the same problem you're having.

9. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Here I am :waving: :D

I had my Western installed by Lancaster Truck Bodies. They have 2 shops. One in Lancaster, PA and one in Kennett Square, PA. Mine was done at the Kennett Square shop.